The timing couldn’t be better, what with the announcement of Apple’s iPad Mini.
At Hollywood talent agency UTA Wednesday morning, after some opening 8:45 a.m. remarks by Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) senior vice president Karen Chupka, there will be a panel discussion titled “Smart TVs, Tablets and Phones: Oh My! The New World of Direct-to-Consumer Media.” Gathered to discuss the impact of the iPad Mini and other technologies on artists and Hollywood content development will be:
- Felicia Day, creator-star of The Guild;
- Ron Gellar, vice president, worldwide content relations, Dolby;
- Shari Covens, executive director, IAWTV;
- John Lehr and Nancy Hower: Creators-star-director of 10 Items or Less (TBS) and Jailbait (Crackle);
- Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and director of research, CEA.