Long Island University just announced the winners of 2010′s George Polk Award in Journalism, and there are quite a few local recipients. Below are just some of the many journalists who were honored:
- The George Polk Award for Foreign Reporting went to Clifford J. Levy and Ellen Barry for their New York Times piece on corruption in Russia.
- Michael Hastings won Best Magazine Reporting for his look at the controversial Army General Stanley McChrystal in Rolling Stone.
- Juan Gonzalez won the George Polk Award for Commentary for his New York Daily News coverage of a troubling scandal involving Mayor Bloomberg’s administration.
- The award for Military Reporting went to Dexter Filkins and Mark Mazzetti for their combined coverage of the war in Afghanistan in The New York Times.
Congrats to all the winners. FishbowlNY is thinking 2011 is our year – especially if we continue reporting on things like this.
- Arthur Sulzberger Jr. and Mark Thompson Talk Advertising and Family Legacy at the Times
- Gabriel Sherman Talks Fox News and Roger Ailes at New America NYC
- An Afternoon Dishing With Martha Stewart
- AFAR Conversations: Media Pros Talk Tourism