An opinion column published today on the San Diego area Poway Patch is not so much ahead of the game as right on top of the new mandate from Arianna Huffington to get more clicks. FishbowlLA can attest to the fact that even several months now after the Arnold Schwarzenegger scandal, news items named “Maria” continue to fly off the hit stats sheet.
In defense of Poway pundit Colleen O’Connor, a former college history professor and co-editor of a book about Eleanor Roosevelt, the idea of Maria Shriver running for Dianne Feinstein‘s seat in 2012 is intriguing grist for the Brentwood mill. In the column, O’Connor urges readers to “stay with me here” before listing a baker’s dozen of Maria trump cards, including:
- A Rolodex of Kennedy supporters (Dems) and Schwarzenegger supporters (Reps).
- Roman Catholic in a state which is home to the famous “Reagan Democrats”—aka, Catholics who are the swing bloc voters in most elections.
- Winner of Peabody and Emmy Awards for television journalism—one an NBC Special on Alzheimer’s.
- And she is best friends with Oprah.
O’Connor notes that the Internet domain Maria2012.com is already taken. Indeed it is, by a speculative group – CashParking.com – that seems to be on the same page as the author. Poway?! Way!
- Fox News Gets the Zellweger Skinny
- CNN Vet Alan Duke Jumps to Radar Online
- Rex Reed Questions Birdman’s Broadway Sense
- So What Do You Do, Noah Rosenberg, Founder, CEO and EIC of Narratively?