A few more moves today, involving The Guardian, Elle and Mashable. Details are below.
- Aron Pilhofer is leaving The New York Times for The Guardian. Pilhofer had been with the Times since 2005, most recently serving as associate managing editor for digital strategy. At The Guardian, Pilhofer will serve as executive editor of digital, a new role at the company.
- Elle has added Rebecca Traister and Amanda Fortini as contributing editors. Traister will continue as a senior editor at The New Republic. Fortini’s work has appeared in The New Yorker, The New York Times, The New York Times Magazine, Rolling Stone, New York and more.
- Louise Roug has been named Mashable’s first global news editor. Roug was formerly the foreign editor for Newsweek and The Daily Beast, from 2010 to 2013.
- Quartz, NY Observer Add to Teams
- Derl McCrudden Promoted to Head of AP's International Video News
- Josh Topolsky Joins Bloomberg
- BuzzFeed Adds to Investigative Team, WSJ Designer Departs