The Los Angeles Chapter of the Online News Association is hosting a “Meet the Bloggers” party on Thursday at the L.A. Times building downtown.
They’re luring people with free pizza, awkwardly worded press releases and a chance to meet Luke Ford.
Um… despite their best efforts, we’re sure it’s going to be a happening event.
The group’s press release follows:
While the outcome of the presidential election may not be known, one thing is for certain: bloggers have a huge and growing impact on the Internet, covering just about every topic imaginable.
Join local Southern California bloggers in what is sure to be a lively round table discussion. Participants will get a chance to question the speakers as well as share their own opinions and ideas. It will be an insightful night into the life of a blogger (and we might even find out the answer to the big question: are they making any money?)
Did we mention we will have free pizza and head over to a cool bar afterwards?
* Luke Ford, LukeFord.net
* Andrew Malcolm, Top of the Ticket, L.A. Times
* David Markland, Metroblogging L.A.
* Rafael Ramos, Marcador, La Opinion
* Eric Richardson, blogdowntown
* Peter Viles, L.A. Land, L.A. Times
When: October 23, 2008
Time: 7 – 9 p.m.
Where: Los Angeles Times
Harry Chandler Auditorium
202 W. First St.
Los Angeles, CA
Parking: Information is provided upon signing up through the RSVP
Please RSVP to: http://www.latimes.com/onaevent/
More info can be found at: http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=37632873645
- Ben Kingsley Expands Upon His Mother's Profound Disapproval
- On the Cover of Paper Magazine, Courtney Love Looks Great
- Miley Cyrus Covers V Magazine
- Journalist Revisits a Celebrity Biographer's Fraudulent Ways