WeTV hosted a premiere party for its hit reality show Braxton Family Values at Tribeca Grand Tuesday. mediabistro.com was invited along with other members of the press to screen the first episode and attend a Q&A with the singing sisters. While Toni Braxton was notably absent, Traci, Towanda, Trina, Tamar and mom Evelyn more than made up for it with their usual candor.
Although the cast is still filming the final episodes, the show kicks off this Thursday, November 10. Here’s what you can expect this season along with more photos from the event:
– Season 2 will focus on how the sisters’ new found fame has affected their personal and family lives. (Grammy winner Toni, of course, is no stranger to the spotlight.)
– Toni has begun dating her ex-husband Keri of the R&B group Mint Condition.
– Trina and Gabe’s relationship is strained even further when Towanda, her husband, and two children move in with them.
– Tamar has begun recording a solo project — without telling the family.
– Traci, still living in Maryland, seems to be the only one who thinks a Braxtons family album will happen.
– Evelyn is back in the dating scene and has finally forgiven her ex-husband Michael for his tendency to “lay it low and spread it wide.”