“A decision like this is never easy to make,” CELEBUZZ editor-in-chief Dylan Howard tells FishbowlLA. “I wish Joseph the absolute best as he begins the next phase of his professional life.” The Kapsch departure comes weeks after BUZZMEDIA VP of programming Gillian Sheldon shifted to Berman Braun.
Such is life at a fast-paced, celebrity-driven operation. Meaning that along with these two departures, there are a variety of new CELEBUZZ arrivals to pass on:
- Andrea Simpson, who worked with Howard at Radar Online and Star magazine, is CELEBUZZ news director;
- Kristin Koch, formerly senior editor of style at XO Group, has assumed the similar title of senior editor at CELEBUZZ. She also previously contributed to Vanity Fair and iVillage;
- Todd Gilchrist, one of the hardest working men in the LA freelance entertainment journalism business, including most recently for THR, is new senior editor of film;
- And in New York, Lee Hernandez has joined CELEBUZZ this week from The Huffington Post, where he was a staff editor. His official title is senior staff editor.
As if all that weren’t enough, FishbowlLA has also recently been enjoying the CELEBUZZ contributions of Gary Susman (including a recent op ed piece on the perceived Emmy snub of Kelsey Grammer). The former EW senior writer and recent Moviefone blogger has transitioned to CELEBUZZ as contributing editor. “Gary is one of the best writers in the business and I am delighted he is writing for us,” Howard says. “We intend on adding a host of new editors and writers to the site shortly.”
Update – 08/23/12: There’s one more recent CELEBUZZ addition we meant to include above. Former Us magazine staff reporter Lily Harrison is relocating from New York to LA to work as staff editor.
- First-Ever People Magazine Awards to Air Tonight on NBC
- Here's an Example of How Comedians Are Joking About Cosby
- Britney Spears (We Think) Covers Women's Health
- Purch Acquires Tech Blog AnandTech