An unnamed source identified only as a friend of Moore told the tabloid website that they were inhaling whippits Monday when the 49-year-old actress had a bad reaction and “lapsed into semi-consciousness.” Paramedics were called, and you know the rest.
Whippits, in case you’re wondering, are small canisters of nitrous oxide. Inhaled, they give the user a quick, giddy high, and are primarily used by teenagers and people too broke to buy real drugs. Also, they can give you a nasty headache. Or so we’re told.