Downtown advocate, gad-fly or whatever he is, Brady Westwater is the LA Cowboy. Since we’re moving into his neighborhood, we tried to get on his good side, but he was wise to our tricks. So, lookin’ for 8 right out of the gate*, here’s Westwater’s answers.
1. What newspapers do you read?
LA Times, New York Times, Downtown News, LA Weekly, City Beat, Daily News, and Rodeo News plus the LA Business Journal, Journal of the Arts & Wall Street Journal if I can score a free copy.
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading?
Cowboys don’t move our lips unless food or sex is involved. But if we did – it would be the NYT’s editorial page and LAT’S West magazine.
3. Which Web sites are on your favorites bookmark?
Fishbowl LA & NY, MissSnark, LAObserved, the Curbs, Kausfiles, and DrudgeReport plus any site with naked cowgirls on it
4. Where do you get your car washed? Cowboys don’t have cars. Cowboys ride horses.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? If I need a tooth pulled, I use a horse, a saddle and a rope.
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when? Nothing ever dies. It just comes back on Ebay.
7. What was the last book you read?
Best Urban Parking Mangement Practices.
8. What’s the last book you say you read? Sex and the Singel Cowgirl.
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Mr. D–that was my horse’s name and he was the best horse that ever lived.
10. What does your TiVo think about you? That I watch entirely too much bull riding.
11. character of fiction you most resemble? Any Max Brand Hero. They beat up the bad guy, hug the horse, and kiss the girl.
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? Mikey Henderson – and he will.
13. Do you floss? Depends on whom I am with that night – and if she is watching.
14. Did you ever believe your toys come alive when you leave the room? Who needed to leave the room? A
Do you still? Define… toys.
15. How many old cell phones do you own? Counting ones I have jumped up and down on? Countless…
16. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter.
Either the infamous Bobby Blake Vince’s Gym incident or seeing Tammie Faye Baker at Malibu’s Cross Creek shopping center. She and Jim Baker were ‘in hiding’ in Malibu after being charged with embezzlement and she was yelling at him to spend hundred dollars on a blouse for her. He just rolled his eyes. On a hunch I checked out the local drug store’s make-up section and sure enough there was a huge gap on the shelf where the all mascara used to be.
I called a friend at Eyewitless News – and a pan shot of the decimated mascara shelf beat out all the bleed and lead stories on the eleven o’clock news.
17. Do you get satellite radio? You can not fit a satellite radio on a double-rigged Western saddle, without making the horse very, very angry.
18. And as a follow do you “get” satellite radio?
Um… do I understand the desire to pay to hear Howard Stern? Hell no!
Do I appreciate the financial rewards of niche programing – Hell yes!
19. Do you read the Enquirer/InTouch/US/people?
Keeping track of my own sex life is confusing – and dangerous – enough.
20. Do you lie about it?
Cowboys never lie. Cowboys always tell the truth.
* George Strait reference.
FBLA 20 Questions
(Photo by Gary Leonard)
- Daughter Celebrates Voiceover Titan Hal Douglas at iLasting.com
- The Rocky Musical Reviews Are In
- RIP: AP Entertainment Reporter Bob Thomas
- Artie Lange on Why He Once Fled the Playboy Mansion