1. What newspapers do you read?
Dead Tree Editions: New York Times, L.A. Times, The Economist (which, you’ll note, defines itself as a newspaper.) Online: Washington Post, New York Post, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian.
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading?
The Thursday “Styles” section and the Friday “Escapes” section in the NY Times–also known as the To have, and have more sections.
3. Which Web sites. beside FBLA, are on your favorites bookmark?
Drudge, Romanesko, LA Observed, DeadlineHollywoodDaily, MediaBistro, Lucianne.com, MovieCityNews, Gawker, Vanity Fair, Slate, InnovationsInNewspapers.com.
4. Where do you get your car washed? You mean I’m supposed to get it washed? I just figured everybody out here kept getting a new one.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? His first name is Andy. His last name is Frank. Go figure. He’s a terrific dentist–so much so that I forgive him for having the trades (Variety and the Reporter) in his waiting room.
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when? Never. But they’re going to have to figure out a way to make their money on-line. (Goodbye free sites, eventually.)
7. What was the last book you read? Appointment in Samarra by John O’Hara. I saw somewhere that Tom Wolfe said he read it before he wrote Bonfire of the Vanities. I bought it on eBay. Also: Licensed to Kill by Robert Young Pelton, and The Uninvited by Geling Yan.
8. What’s the last book you say you read? Kurt Andersen’s Heyday. He’s a friend. It’s great. Buy it, please.
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Ralph.
10. What does you TiVo think about you? That I’m the only seven year old in America who watches the Wiggles, Hannah Montana, Club Disney and the Sopranos. It’s already reported me three times to Alberto “Fredo” Gonsalves.
11. character of fiction you most resemble? Sisyphus. (See also: Any screenwriter mentioned by Fitzgerald, O’Hara, or Nathaniel West.)
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? The Rock. Or Judi Dench.
13. Do you floss? TMI. (Too much information, thank you very much.)
14. Did you ever believe your toys come alive when you leave the room? Do you still? Yes. And it really pisses me off that none of them have learned how to type.
15. How many old cell phones do you own? Six.
16. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter. Introducing my (then) four year old daughter to Sean Connery, who remarked “I think she’s flirting with me.”
17. Do you get satellite radio? No.
18. And as a follow do you “get” satellite radio? Sure. All Van Halen, all the time. Sounds like a business model to me
19. Do you read the Enquirer/InTouch/US/People? It depends what you mean by read.
20. Do you lie about it? Doesn’t everybody?
FBLA 20 Questions
- Brooklyn Journo Revisits 2005 Heath Ledger Interview
- NYC's Version of the Hearst Castle Can Be Yours for $38 Million
- Winner of Second Place Behind Slate/Travoltified: The LA Times
- Novelist Andrea Cremer Chose Veronica Mars Over a Summer Vacation