1. What newspapers do you read?
Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Daily Variety, and to catch up on the hometown, Riverside Press-Enterprise.
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading? Millenium is a word that I still can’t say without a verbal backspace.
3. Which Web sites (besides FBLA) are on your favorites bookmark? LAO, Blogdowntown, photography blog jmcolberg.com, MediaBistro’s unbeige, and SPARCmurals.org
4. Where do you get your car washed? Little Tokyo Car Wash on 1st St just east of Alameda.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? Richard. And he’s been calling. I’m overdue.
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when? Not in our lifetime. There’s a certain romance with print, and the dwindling audience will return when some adjustments are made in a newspapers narrative.
7. What was the last book you read?
Los Angeles Noir collection by Denise Hamilton. I’m a believer that noir is LA’s real identity that still contributes and inspires a cultural landscape. I’ve been reading that in between re-reading The Covarrubias Circle by Kurt Heinzelman.
8 .What’s the last book you say you read? Harry Potter.
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Uno
10. What does you TiVo think about you? “Get a life. Magic made the baby sky-hook in the Garden. Move on.”
11. character of fiction you most resemble? This month, I’m Sancho to Eric Richardson’s Don Quixote.
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? Alfred Molina
13. Do you floss? After each post.
14. Did you ever believe your toys come alive when you leave the room? Do you still?
Never did. Now I wish they would.
15. How many old cell phones do you own?
4. I made them into a sculpture that doubles as bookends.
16. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter.
Years ago, I was working on a trade ad with Edward James Olmos and we were in his Ferrari driving down Wilshire Blvd on a rainy day. I said something almost funny and and when he slowly looked at me and almost laughed, I saw Gaff in Bladerunner. Then we had a great conversation over lunch about what Latinos in film could be doing.
17. Do you get satellite radio? No.
18. And as a follow do you “get” satellite radio? I do. I’m still trying to get through all my iTune radio stations.
19. Do you read the Enquirer/InTouch/US/People? Just when getting my tires changed at Pep Boys.
20. Do you lie about it? No.
FBLA 20 Questions
- Daughter Celebrates Voiceover Titan Hal Douglas at iLasting.com
- The Rocky Musical Reviews Are In
- RIP: AP Entertainment Reporter Bob Thomas
- Artie Lange on Why He Once Fled the Playboy Mansion