We’ve been hating this writers’ strike, but loving the blogs devoted to it. Top on our list is Writers Strike, a sparse, funny read that has yet to turn black and ugly (though we’re sure if this goes on any longer, that might change). So we invited the editor of Writers Strike to answer our 20 Questions. Which he did. Without answering our first question — who the hell are you?
So, if you get off on hearing the insights of complete strangers, then you’ll want to close the office door and dim the lights before you read this:
1. What’s the first thing(s) you read in the morning? The graffiti on the ceiling of my apartment
2. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure website? www.farmersonly.com
3. What job do you fantasize about having? Key grip
4. Last movie you saw? On the Waterfront
5. Last book you read? Um, who reads books? Well now that the strike is on I guess I’d better start…
6. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter? The Dalai Lama in Times Square — wait, has he ever been in a movie?
7. Proudest media moment? Right now
8. Ever had a brush with the law? Describe. There was a jaywalking incident I’d prefer not to recall
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Blade Runner
10. What does your TiVo think about you? That I bite the hand that feeds me
11. Character of fiction you most resemble? Ahab
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? Jack Nicholson
13. What’s your ringtone? Good Vibrations, and my phone simultaneously vibrates
14. Favorite electronic device? Apple Newton, may it RIP.
15. What do your friends say is your best quality? Ability to get things done no matter what
16. What do your enemies say is your worst? Ability to get things done no matter what
17. What natural talent do you wish you had? Rhyming
18. What’s your theme song? Hava Nagila
19. Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes.
20. When’s the last time you volunteered? Where? Picking up leaves (obviously not this fall)
- The Twelve Days of Cosby
- First-Ever People Magazine Awards to Air Tonight on NBC
- Here's an Example of How Comedians Are Joking About Cosby
- Britney Spears (We Think) Covers Women's Health