Sasha Pasulka entered our world when we auditioned for Hush-Hush, a VH1 blog gossip idea that never took off. Pasulka, the full time editor of The Evil Beet, recently left her benefits-intensive position in the software industry, thus sidelining her MBA, She’s busy launching a fashion site for RealNetworks, but still found the idle hour in which to answer our deceptively inane questions.
1. What newspapers do you read? I really don’t read any newspapers. I find newspapers unwieldy and I can never figure out where to click to leave my comments. I’m a child of the digital age; I get almost all my news from blogs.
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading? I pretty much only do this when proof-reading an article I wrote myself, to make sure it would sound good if read aloud.
3. Which Web sites are on your favorites–besides FBLA? I have to admit I’m a Perez Hilton junkie. I also love Defamer and TMZ. Sometimes when I want to feel like my life doesn’t revolve around celebrity gossip, I read TechCrunch or Slashdot, but then Lindsay Lohan gets a DUI and I forget about them for a couple weeks.
4. Where do you get your car washed?At the five-minute drive-thru car wash on Sepulveda and El Segundo. I love that place so much.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? No–in fact, I don’t even know his last name; he’s in my cell phone as “dentist” — but he has a TV in every patient room, and that’s all I need to know.
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when? Newspapers? Yes, probably. Not for another twenty or thirty years, but yes. I think magazines will outlive them, because there’s a pretty strong market for shiny pictures.
7. What was the last book you read? Airframe by Michael Crichton.
8 .What’s the last book you say you read? I get through about five pages of The Power of Now each week. I don’t understand any of it. But people tell me it changed their lives, so I think I have a spiritual learning disability. Every time I pick it up, I just think to myself, “You know, there’s no way Paris Hilton actually read this.”
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Killer.
10. What does you TiVo think about you? It thinks I speak Korean. It keeps recording Asian-language shows. I don’t know why and I don’t know how to make it stop.
11. Character of fiction you most resemble? I probably shouldn’t even say this, but I’ve always felt a kinship with Jordan Baker from The Great Gatsby. Mostly that part about being a bad driver. I’ve never had a DUI or been in a car accident (with another car) in my life, and yet somehow the California DMV is currently trying to suspend my license. I’m that bad of a driver.
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? Oh, it would have to be Paris Hilton. Because at this point we’d never get Lindsay Lohan insured.
13. Do you floss? No, and I hear no end of it from my dentist. Whose first name I don’t know.
14. Did you ever believe your toys come alive when you leave the room? I had a Popple who — I swear to GOD — would eat the Corn Flakes I left in his mouth before I went to school. When I came home the Corn Flakes would be gone. So the logical deduction is that the Popple was eating the Corn Flakes.
Do you still? Nah, I don’t know what happened to that Popple but none of my other stuffed animals eat.But I have this stuffed raccoon I’ve slept with every night since I was born, and I find myself worrying about him when I’m away for a night. Like, “Is he sad? Does he miss me? Did I leave him upside-down? Is he having trouble breathing?” I think that says a lot about me.
15. How many old cell phones do you own? Three.
16. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter. Living in LA, I feel like you collect such encounters. But my favorite is when I ran into Dave Coulier at a bar in Hermosa Beach, after he’d finished a set at The Comedy Store. A tad intoxicated, I went up to him and screamed, “Uncle Joey!” He looked me up and down and said, “Mary-Kate? Is that you?”
Also, I once had Harrison Ford yell at me when they were filming Hollywood Homicide at Sunset and Fairfax. I’d rather not get into the details. The most important part of that story is that Josh Hartnett’s stunt double is way hotter than Josh Hartnett in person.
17. Do you get satellite radio? No.
18. And as a follow do you “get” satellite radio? Not really. But five years ago, I didn’t “get” TiVo either. I’d watch the commercials and think, “How can this machine fast-forward live TV? Wouldn’t everyone win the lottery?” I like to blame that on their unclear marketing approach. I’m also glad I never wondered that aloud.
19. Do you read the Enquirer/InTouch/US/People? Yeah of course. In fact, my subscriptions to them are a tax write-off. How many people can say that?
20. Do you lie about it? No. Fortunately, it’s technically kind of my job to know what those guys are writing about.
- Sticking a Fork in #Forkgate
- Here's Where You Can Watch The Interview
- Eight Months Later, Princess Grace Flick is Still a Turkey
- Forbes Names Adam Sandler 'Most Overpaid Actor'