Tammy Caplan is the writer/producer/director responsible for Fartman: Caught In A Tight Ass. And she admits it.
The film was chosen to be a finalist for the Howard Stern film festival but was disqualified because she used union actors. Howard’s In Demand channel, Howard TV, loved the film so much though that they ran it on Howard TV for several months. And now, in a partnership with Atom Films, Howard TV has put the film on the web so everyone can see it.
When she’s not making the world a better place through film, the witty, infinitely patient Caplan is answering our ridiculously stupid questions.
1. What newspapers do you read? I don’t really read newspapers. I get most of my news from IMDB news. If it’s not there, it’s probably not worth knowing about.
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading? None, but I do point at the words with my finger while reading them.
3. Which Web sites are on your favorites bookmark (aside from FBLA, of course)? www.atomfilms.com (great site for short films), http://hucksblog.blogspot.com/ (Really funny screenwriting blog but he hasn’t written since January! Damn that Josh Friedman!)
4. Where do you get your car washed? My car looks like crap. I let the rain wash it, but that never works very well. I’m too cheap and too lazy to go to a real car wash.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? It’s Kevin. He does dental work for a lot of failed boy bands before they go on the road. But I don’t think they failed because of his dental work no matter what the papers said.
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when? Yes, June 3rd at 10:33 a.m.
7. What was the last book you read? Cat in The Hat Comes Back (while looking for a gift for a 5 year old).
8 .What’s the last book you say you read? Fast Food Nation (while looking for lunch).
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? E-rect.
10. What does you TiVo think about you? Why do you have TiVo when you only watch 24 and Heroes?
11. character of fiction you most resemble? Edna “E” Mode from The Incredibles.
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? Marcia Gay Harden
13. Do you floss? Only with butt floss
14. Did you ever believe your toys come alive when you leave the room? Do you still? No they would not be that inconsiderate as to do that when I’m not around.
How many old cell phones do you own? Three.
16. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter.
During college I worked at a movie theater where we had special screenings where everyone got a small free popcorn and drink. If they wanted something else or a larger size they had to pay for it. Jay Leno came in and ordered a large popcorn and refused to pay for it. He got furious at me and started yelling for me to get my manager. He’s happy-go-lucky on his show but I saw the dark side of Jay Leno.
17. Do you get satellite radio?
Of course! I got Sirius for Howard Stern.
18. And as a follow do you “get” satellite radio?
It’s actually pretty cool to get all the commercial-free music stations. I don’t miss hearing the “You’re killing me Larry” mattress commercials they play in Los Angeles.
19. Do you read the Enquirer/InTouch/Us/People?
I read those magazines for one summer before my freshman year of high school. That was my girly girl phase.
20. Do you lie about it?
No, I’m in my geek phase now. They don’t let us read those magazines.
- Guardian Dudette Salutes Bill & Ted's Excellent Anniversary
- 15,000-Word, Seven-Part Las Vegas Sun Series Wins Dart Award
- On His 67th Birthday, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Starts New Gig: Los Angeles Register Columnist
- Hollywood Reporter Lists 35 'Most Powerful People in New York Media'