Pop On The Pop is much, much more fun than any of those big-boy celeb gossip sites, and here’s one reason why: Joy A (pictured here showing off her lovely eyelids). We ask Joy A our patented 20 Questions to find out what makes her “pop.” The answer? Jake Gyllenhaal, being mistaken for Brandy and a unicorn named Magical. Natch.
1. What newspapers do you read?
I don’t actually read any newspapers right now, because I’m real busy. But I do glance! Haha. I take a good glance at The LA Times, sometimes USA Today. I also visit news sites.
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading?
I think I read too fast for moving my lips simultaneously.
4. Where do you get your car washed?
Under the clouds, when it rains. Or I’ll grab a hose and spray it down. I’m high maintenance.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name?
Oh no! Is that bad?
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when?
There’s a lot of media convergence going on right now, but I don’t think hard copy newspapers or magazines will ever die. There’s just something about turning a page that’s kind of fun, or ripping out a pic from a mag and taping it to your wall. Staring at a computer screen just isn’t the same.
7. What was the last book you read?
Right now I’m dipping into Democracy Matters by Cornel West. He’s a genius.
8. What’s the last book you say you read?
Cherry by Mary Karr.
9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it?
10. What does your TiVo think about you?
Getting TiVo has been on my ‘to do’ list forever! But I don’t watch that much TV. I listen to it while I’m doing more important things. Then I’ll go look at the screen when it sounds like something good just happened and I’m like, dammit! My TiVo would think I should put its service to use by watching more TV.
11. Character of fiction you most resemble?
Susan from Desperate Housewives, ‘cuz we’re both a bit loopy when it comes to the opposite sex. A bit of Karen from Will and Grace. And Anne Hathaway’s character in The Devil Wears Prada. We’re both driven, and sometimes we just don’t know what we’re getting into first, but we’ll go for it.
12. Who plays you in your bio-pic?
Brandy. I was in a hotel in Florida one day and I went to the bathroom. Next thing I heard was a male’s voice asking, “Brandy! Can I get your autograph?” I yelled, ‘I’m not Brandy!’ I was shaken up. He followed me into the bathroom – fans! Brandy and I don’t look alike, but being followed tips the scale a bit. I like to think I look like Gabrielle Union.
13. Do you floss?
14. Did you ever believe your toys come alive when you leave the room? Do you still?
Nah. Sounds fun though.
15. How many old cell phones do you own?
I’ll say ‘seven!’ That number’s always interesting, or lucky. Or something like that.
16. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter.
I refer to this one all the time. But I met Jake Gyllenhaal backstage at a Maroon 5 concert. I think he was filming Jarhead. All I know is, his muscles were bulging from underneath his tee, and his eyes were so incredibly beautiful! Plus, he’s unbelievably kind and down to earth.
17. Do you get satellite radio?
I really miss Howard Stern! No, not yet.
18. And as a follow do you “get” satellite radio?
There’s obviously a market for it. And, for me, satellite radio sometimes feels like a necessity. Especially when you have a long commute and you’re listening to commercials, feeling queasy.
19. Do you read the Enquirer/InTouch/Us/People?
I used to have a subscription to Us magazine. I adore their body analysis pics where they’ll take a picture of a couple and they’ll say, ‘The angle of her neck means she’s insecure about their relationship. The way he’s bending his back indicates he cheated last week.’ Love it!
20. Do you lie about it?
I would bring Us to work with me! National Enquirer and In Touch, I like reading their headlines in the checkout line.
FBLA 20 Questions
- The Twelve Days of Cosby
- First-Ever People Magazine Awards to Air Tonight on NBC
- Here's an Example of How Comedians Are Joking About Cosby
- Britney Spears (We Think) Covers Women's Health