Harvard University has announced the 77th class of Nieman Fellows. The fellowship seeks to “encourage innovation, experimentation with digital and social media and other collaborative ventures designed to transform and strengthen the news industry.” Each person will study at Harvard during the 2014-2015 academic year.
Below are the national fellows. Click through for the full list.
- Melissa Bailey, managing editor of the New Haven Independent.
- Gabe Bullard, director of news and editorial strategy at WFPL News in Louisville.
- Henry Chu, London bureau chief for the Los Angeles Times.
- Kitty Eisele, supervising senior editor at NPR’s Morning Edition.
- Farnaz Fassihi, senior Middle East correspondent for The Wall Street Journal.
- Jason Grotto, investigative reporter for the Chicago Tribune.
- Maggie Koerth-Baker, columnist for The New York Times Magazine and science editor at BoingBoing.net.
- Celeste LeCompte, San Francisco-based journalist.
- Ann Marimow, reporter at The Washington Post.
- Denise-Marie Ordway, senior reporter at the Orlando Sentinel.
- Alicia Stewart, editor at CNN.com.
- Dawn Turner Trice, columnist and specialist reporter with the Chicago Tribune.
- More of The Same in Ferguson
- Ferguson Police Threaten to Shoot, Mace Journalists
- Two Journalists Assaulted and Arrested in Ferguson
- AP Video Journalist, Freelance Translator Killed in Gaza