It’s another week with Jersey Shore taking hold of the top prime time spot in New York. The popular MTV reality show, now in its fourth season, had an estimated 1.1 million viewers and a 5.3 rating, according to the Nielsen Company.
While the Jersey Shore gang was hanging out in Italy, Hurricane Irene was bearing down on the Jersey Shore.
Every local TV station went non-stop throughout the weekend with storm coverage.
WNBC/Channel 4, had the highest rating (tied for second) among its competitors. A large reason for that can be attributed to three words–Chuck and Sue.
WNYW/Channel 5, although not on the survey for Saturday coverage, did crack the Top 10 for its regular Ernie Anastos/Dari Alexander 10 p.m. newscast on Thursday (480,000/2.4) and Friday (510,000/2.5) as preparations got underway.
More from the Top 10 after the jump
- *Second America’s Got Talent (Wednesday) WNBC (615,000/3.0)
- *Second America’s Got Talent (Tuesday) WNBC (597,000/3.0)
- Sixth Royal Pains USA (552,000/2.7)
- *Seventh Big Bang Theory WCBS (507,000/2.5)
- *Seventh Yankee Baseball (Wed.) YES (504,000/2.5)
The Tuesday night Yankee game versus the Oakland A’s on WWOR/Channel 9 registered an 11th-place finish (449,000/2.2).
ESPN’s pre-season Monday Night Football game (a rout for the New York Giants over the Chicago Bears) was 20th for the week (377,000/1.9).
Photo courtesy of MTV
- Adrien Brody Charms New York Times Reporter
- The Jennie Garth Pitch
- John Oliver on Banner Ads
- How Steve Hofstetter Went From Writing for Sports Illustrated, to Hosting a TV Show