Getting spun for Spin
Is Jonathan Ames following in Chuck Klosterman‘s Chuck All-Stars? The latest Spin magazine features a cover story by Ames on Marilyn Manson, the controversial Goth-rocker who appeared to be enamored with the New York-based humorist and writer.
Since the entire article isn’t online, here’s a handy guide to what we learned about Ames and Manson:
- Manson has a live-in assistant/butler named Arvin.
- Arvin keeps the absinthe flowing.
- A German distillery is developing a Manson-branded absinthe: Mansinthe?
- Manson’s mansion is as creepy and weird as you’d imagine.
- Manson’s sexual fetish? Women’s stockings.
- Ames and Fiona Apple are friends.
- Manson is most creative between the hours of 3:00AM and 5:00AM. Just like vampires.
- The Big Lebowski. Manson’s a huge fan.
- Ames and Manson bond over hairbrushes placed in areas where the sun doesn’t shine (hint: not talking about Manson’s mansion).
- Ames can be persuaded into doing anything. Specifically coke.
- Glamour's Cindi Leive to Host Google Hangout on Diversity in Fashion
- Tina Brown on Newsweek: 'I'm so Glad I'm Not the Editor'
- Bloomberg Pursuits UN Cover Story Shoot Required Four Months of Negotiations
- Newsweek Returns with a Thud [Updated]