While Paramount and Universal have both caught the dreaded layoff bug, the most personalized trauma for FBLA might be the Hollywood Reporter‘s of departures of long-serving managing editor Harley Lond, lead TV critic Barry Garron, Hy Hollinger, a veteran editor in the international department and New York-based features editor Randee Dawn Cohen.
The film department bore the brunt of the layoffs among reporters. Film and tech writer Carolyn Giardina and film reporter Leslie Simmons were among those let go, along with New York-based film reporter Gregg Goldstein
and television reporter Kimberly Nordyke.
HP Editor Elizabeth Guider, still in her first year, has been agonizing over the layoffs.
* Correction: Kimberly Nordyke was not laid off as the post above indicates, and is, as of August 9, 2012, still very much employed by The Hollywood Reporter.
- This Racket Magazine is Alive and Well
- Single Mother of Five is First 'Savannah's Fund' Recipient
- Natalie Wood Author Completes Follow-Up Book
- Writer Gives Thanks for Eddie Murphy, Bruce Beresford