It’s shaping up as a momentous week on the Hollywood trades staffing front. Following Monday’s announcement that THR senior writer Daniel Miller is headed to the LA Times and today’s dismissal of Jeff Sneider by Variety, there is also confirmation to FishbowlLA of a gaggle of new Reporter hires.
The marquee addition is Marc Bernardin (pictured) as senior editor. He comes over to THR from Entertainment Weekly and was previously a contributing editor for io9.com, managing editor of Starlog magazine and a consulting editor for Fangoria. Bernardin has also written a range of comic books.
Joining him as the newest THR additions will be:
- Jen Hoche as copy chief. She was formerly copy chief at Teen Vogue and has worked as a freelance copy editor at THR for two years.
- Kelsey Stefanson, assistant art director. She will focus on designing pages for the print magazine and iPad App.
- Moira Haney, photo editor. She will be the contact for all photos related to events, parties and credentials for awards shows and premieres.
- Chelsea Archer, associate photo editor. She had previously been a freelance photo researcher for THR.
Last and certainly not least, Tatiana Siegel has ostensibly moved into Miller’s vacated film reporter slot. She joined THR as contributing editor in June 2012 after previously working as a film reporter for the publication from 2003-2007. She will be based in New York.
Congrats to all.
Previously on FishbowlLA:
Hollywood Reporter Bolsters Marketing, Editorial Departments
- Hollywood Trade #IceBucketChallenge Devolves Into Twitter War
- Adrien Brody Charms New York Times Reporter
- Daily Mail Aims to Resolve 'Madison Avenue Challenge'
- Good News-Bad News for Salt Lake City