— DIANE CLEHANE
Not even the seventh snow storm of the season (we’re begging for mercy — enough!) could keep the faithful away from Michael’s today. There were power gals aplenty and media mavens galore who braved the elements to make it to 55th Street. We marvel at your stamina. (Is it me or do all successful women over a certain age in this city eventually wind up with the identical shade of blonde?)
Here’s the rundown on today’s crowd:
1. Literary agent Esther Newberg, presiding over a table of wonder women including bestselling crime novelist Linda Fairstein, author and ABC News correspondent Lynn Sherr, CBS’ Lesley Stahl, and the Honorable Kimba Woods.
2. Fashionista Fern Mallis (We miss you on The Fashion Show!), whose consulting business is thriving, and a stylish gent we didn’t get to meet.
3. Hudson News’ James Cohen.
4. 2 Degrees Ventures’ Mitch Kanner.
5. Sole man Steve Madden (Who doesn’t love his shoes?)
8. Quest’s editor in chief David Patrick Columbia and an elegant-looking gal.
12. The New York Post’s media guru Keith Kelly and former Fairchild boss Michael Coady. Michael and ex-InStyle editor Charla Lawhon just fired the latest salvo in the fashion website wars with the launch of fashionetc.com.
14. Hearst honcho David Carey, who made headlines last week when he installed former Men’s Vogue editor Jay Fielden as the new editor of Town & Country. In case you haven’t heard, Jay takes over for the abruptly departed Stephen Drucker who had barely finished decorating his office before bidding Hearst adieu.
16. Fidelis Global founder Gerry Byrne
17. Avenue’s Judy Price
21. Attorney Richard Bressler
22. Richard Fitzburg
24. Jim Cassella
25. Cushman & Wakefield co-chair Bruce Mosler
27. Moneyman Michael Del Giudice
28. Bloomberg’s Amanda Gordon
Please send comments and corrections to DianeClehane AT mediabistro Dot com and lunch at mediabistro DOT com.
- Fern Mallis and One Criminally Dressed Designer | Dishing With a Global Ambassador
- The Media Mob Featuring Bob Barnett and Jack Kliger | Disney's Fabulous New Foodie
- Exclusive: David Zinczenko on AMI's New Deal | Ousted Obama Insider Turns Heads
- Tom Brokaw and the Inside Track From New York's Democratic National Committeeman