Today on the Menu we are joined, straight off the set, by CBS’s Russ Mitchell who is the news anchor for both The Early Show and CBS’s Sunday Evening News. Mitchell, who by the way is running second in his NCAA bracket behind Julie Chen (apparently going with Syracuse was not our best choice!), talks about the changing face of news and what people entering the business should consider.
- “The traditional model of doing things is long gone, so what I tell them is to have a thick skin, know they’re going to get knocked down many times, and to also have as many skills as possible under their belt.”
Mitchell also talks about the Missouri Honor Medal for Distinguished Service in Journalism he is about to receive from his alma mater, the University of Missouri, as well as the future of online video. You can listen to all the past podcasts at BlogTalkRadio.com/mediabistro and call in at 646-929-0321.
- On The Menu: FishbowlNY Editor Says Goodbye
- On The Menu: A Foreign Correspondent Writes Fiction
- More Chatter About The iPad On The Menu
- It's Apple Tablet Day On The Menu