- Outside received both the gold and silver awards in the competition’s “Article on Adventure Travel” category for the stories Hugo’s World and Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, both by Patrick Symmes.
- The magazine also won gold in the “Magazine Article on U.S./Canada Travel” category for its feature story The Tuber by Wells Tower.
- In the category of “Magazine Photo Illustration of Travel Article,” the magazine won for Why Am I Here Again? by Jimmy Chin.
- The award for “Special-Purpose Travel” went to both Clubbed, written by Don J. Snyder and Me, Myself, and Ribeye, by Steven Rinella
- In the category for “Travel News/Investigative Reporting,” Outside won for Heartbreak. Mayhem. Chaos. Hope, written by Joshua Hammer.
- 15,000-Word, Seven-Part Las Vegas Sun Series Wins Dart Award
- 2014 Pulitzer Prizes Announced
- Newspaper Man Extraordinaire Pete Hamill Curses Out Hospital Stay
- Perusing the Latest New York Press Association Winners