- Outside received both the gold and silver awards in the competition’s “Article on Adventure Travel” category for the stories Hugo’s World and Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, both by Patrick Symmes.
- The magazine also won gold in the “Magazine Article on U.S./Canada Travel” category for its feature story The Tuber by Wells Tower.
- In the category of “Magazine Photo Illustration of Travel Article,” the magazine won for Why Am I Here Again? by Jimmy Chin.
- The award for “Special-Purpose Travel” went to both Clubbed, written by Don J. Snyder and Me, Myself, and Ribeye, by Steven Rinella
- In the category for “Travel News/Investigative Reporting,” Outside won for Heartbreak. Mayhem. Chaos. Hope, written by Joshua Hammer.
- Recent NYU Grad Nabs Latest I.F. Stone Award
- Sidney Hillman Foundation Taking Submissions for 2014 Hillman Prizes
- Bulk of THR Questions Anything But Golden to Amy Poehler
- Forbes Unveils '30 Under 30 in Media' List