- Outside received both the gold and silver awards in the competition’s “Article on Adventure Travel” category for the stories Hugo’s World and Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, both by Patrick Symmes.
- The magazine also won gold in the “Magazine Article on U.S./Canada Travel” category for its feature story The Tuber by Wells Tower.
- In the category of “Magazine Photo Illustration of Travel Article,” the magazine won for Why Am I Here Again? by Jimmy Chin.
- The award for “Special-Purpose Travel” went to both Clubbed, written by Don J. Snyder and Me, Myself, and Ribeye, by Steven Rinella
- In the category for “Travel News/Investigative Reporting,” Outside won for Heartbreak. Mayhem. Chaos. Hope, written by Joshua Hammer.
CreditLand.com is looking for a Freelance Bloggers. next job UrbanDaddy is looking for a Photo Research Intern. next job The School of Visual Arts is looking for a Communication Coordinator. next job Dow Jones is looking for a Integrated Marketing Coordinator. next job NY Daily News is looking for a Digital Business Development Manager. next job Scripps Networks is looking for a Senior Editor. next job patch.com is looking for a Local Online Sales Associate, Garden City. next job MediaVest is looking for a Associate Director, Local Activation. next job Sirius XM Radio is looking for a Manager, Digital Operations. next job NBC Universal is looking for a Sr. Client Service Specialist - DailyCandy. see all
Discover why countless investors and businessmen, including the Winklevoss twins, are becoming big supporters of virtual currencies at Inside Bitcoins on July 30 in New York. You’ll hear from speakers like Charlie Shrem, Vice Chairman at Bitcoin Foundation, who runs one of the largest alternative payment companies. Every paid registrant will receive a Bitcoin paper wallet with 0.01 Bitcoin. Register today.