Hollywood publicist Michael Levine is accused of not coughing up $25,000 in reward money following last year’s death of Ronni Chasen, according to a lawsuit filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
Levine denies ever setting up a $25,000 reward fund to find Chasen’s killer.
“I never arranged for a reward fund,” Levine told TMZ.com “I offered to call some friends, but was told by the family that the Palm Springs Film Festival was handling the reward.”
“John Doe” also named the Palm Springs Film Festival in the lawsuit. They were offering $100,000 in reward money. The unnamed tipster claims he called America’s Most Wanted, which led to the arrest of alleged killer Harold Martin Smith.
The Palm Springs Film Festival believes authorities didn’t provide enough evidence to prove that Smith is indeed the murderer.
- Brooklyn Journo Revisits 2005 Heath Ledger Interview
- Winner of Second Place Behind Slate/Travoltified: The LA Times
- Novelist Andrea Cremer Chose Veronica Mars Over a Summer Vacation
- Columnist to Alec Baldwin: Silicon Valley Nerds 'Would Adore You'