Caricaturist and artist Roman Genn, has a talent for stirring up trouble. Arrested 9 times back in the USSR, his work has proved equally provocative here. Genn, who’s actually a fun-loving and genial guy, despite the poison he uses for ink, put down his glass long enough to answer our irrelevant questions.
1. What newspapers do you read? None. I just pile them on by my front door to prevent ants from escaping.
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading? The ones that contain any of my modest renderings.
3. Which Web sites are on your favorites bookmark? Irancartoon.com. I like to keep myself updated on the latest Zionist bestialities, the search for the 12th imam concerns me as well; his family is quite worried, you know.
4. Where do you get your car washed? The rain does an excellent job, wouldn’t dare to compete with Nature.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? Yep. And you should see the sadness in her eyes every time she sees what she has to work with.
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? Absolutely, they should just keep squeezing good journalists out to expedite the process. I’m surprised people still purchase the papers, given the abundance of the quality toilet paper in this country. If so, when? Hm…it will be Saturday…no, Thursday.