Sasha Pasulka entered our world when we auditioned for Hush-Hush, a VH1 blog gossip idea that never took off. Pasulka, the full time editor of The Evil Beet, recently left her benefits-intensive position in the software industry, thus sidelining her MBA, She’s busy launching a fashion site for RealNetworks, but still found the idle hour in which to answer our deceptively inane questions.
1. What newspapers do you read? I really don’t read any newspapers. I find newspapers unwieldy and I can never figure out where to click to leave my comments. I’m a child of the digital age; I get almost all my news from blogs.
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading? I pretty much only do this when proof-reading an article I wrote myself, to make sure it would sound good if read aloud.
3. Which Web sites are on your favorites–besides FBLA? I have to admit I’m a Perez Hilton junkie. I also love Defamer and TMZ. Sometimes when I want to feel like my life doesn’t revolve around celebrity gossip, I read TechCrunch or Slashdot, but then Lindsay Lohan gets a DUI and I forget about them for a couple weeks.
4. Where do you get your car washed?At the five-minute drive-thru car wash on Sepulveda and El Segundo. I love that place so much.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? No–in fact, I don’t even know his last name; he’s in my cell phone as “dentist” — but he has a TV in every patient room, and that’s all I need to know.
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when? Newspapers? Yes, probably. Not for another twenty or thirty years, but yes. I think magazines will outlive them, because there’s a pretty strong market for shiny pictures.