Posts Tagged ‘Brian Lamb’
Thirteen individuals with a rich history in the business have been selected as this year’s Giants of Broadcasting. The Library of American Broadcasting Foundation puts the event together each year.
Among the stellar list:
- Rick Buckley (right), who died in July, was head of his own broadcasting company. As president and CEO, Buckley oversaw several radio stations, including WOR.
- Brian Williams, anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News since Tom Brokaw stepped down in 2004. Williams is a multiple-Emmy and Murrow Award winner
- The men behind CBS’ Sunday Morning—original anchor Charles Kuralt, successor Charles Osgood, executive producer Rand Morrison, and early TV innovator Robert “Shad” Northshield
- Christiane Amanpour is host of ABC’s Sunday morning political program This Week. But she made a name for herself as CNN’s chief international correspondent.
- Brian Lamb is creator, founder, and chief executive officer of C-Span. He has been the main personality of the, now three channels, since launching 32 years ago.
Bill Baker, WNET president emeritus will serve as master of ceremonies. The awards ceremony takes place on October 14 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Manhattan.