As a Communications Specialist for the J. Paul Getty Trust, Mike Winder spreads the word on activities at Getty Center and the Getty Villa. He studied creative writing at UCLA, wrote for
Alternative and Los Angeles CityBeat, and now uses those creative talents to answer our inane questions.
1. What newspapers do you read? Every morning I read the Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Daily News, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal cover to cover. Then I go back to bed.
2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading? I tend to stumble over the word “nuclear” wherever it appears in print.
3. Which websites are on your favorites bookmarks? Well, Fishbowl LA goes without saying. I also love Slashdot Games, Engadget, and LAObserved.
4. Where do you get your car washed?The Sherman Oaks Car on Ventura Blvd. It’s conveniently located near my in-law’s house.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? Kenneth. I just saw him last month. I’ve got a brand new filling with his name on it.
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when? They’ll never die. Like any living, breathing, entity, they’ll just evolve over time. Unless you believe in Intelligent Design. In that case, they’ll die when Jesus returns.