Posts Tagged ‘Ed Bradley’
Some 51 pages and counting on CBSNews.com following last night’s Katie Couric 60 Minutes interview of John and Elizabeth Edwards. As you might imagine, many were not thrilled with Couric’s line of questioning:
Katie Couric seemed overly stern in her questioning, especially given her own personal experience. I would have thought she could have been more warm and engaging, her inability to smile seemed quite frosty and odd given that her engaging smile helped build her career and her seeming to completely ignore her own familiarity with a family health issue was a tad to clinical for me. She’s no Ed Bradley or Leslie Stahl.
It was painful to watch. There is a big difference between asking tough questions and being rude. Katie treated Elizabeth Edwards as if she were dying in the next few months for sure. CBS made a big mistake of spending multi million dollars to hire Katie Couric. But, it would be an even bigger mistake if the company were going to keep her. CBS has fine reporters. Please get rid of Katie.
One even called her reporting skills “piss poor.” Yikes.
Dan Rather Doesn’t Mind HDNet’s Porn | Sirius-XM | Jared Kushner | No Replacement For Ed Bradley | Star Fails To Properly ID Olsen Twin | Ford Funeral | Juggling Phishheads Take Over Google’s New Offices
- Jared Kushner: Reimagining the New York Observer? [Jossip]
- Midtown: Gets even denser with media companies. [LAT]
- Sirius, XM Satellite Radio: To merge? [NYT]
- Dan Rather: Doesn’t mind porn colleagues. [New York]
- Mag Editors: New Year’s resolutions. [WWD]
- 60 Minutes: In no hurry to replace Ed Bradley. [AP via SF Chron]
- Star: Confuses Ashley and Mary-Kate. [WWD]
- Ford Funeral: Coverage. [TVNewser]
- Google’s New Offices: Contain Phishheads, pre-dot-com-bubble memories. [NYT via Gawker]