Kim Cooper is a cultural historian, as well as founder of Scram (the journal of unpopular culture), Esotouric, the 1947 Project and third generation Angelena. We’re guessing she needs little sleep. She also answered our provocative yet puerile questions.
1. What’s the first thing(s) you read in the morning? The emails my husband Richard has sent in the three hours he’s been up, then my local bloglines feed.
2. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure website? Ask.metafilter.com or the Rigorous Intuition boards.
3. What job do you fantasize about having? International art cop.
4. Last movie you saw? Walk on the Wild Side (script by John Fante, and truly a shocker)
5. Last book you read? The Family by Ed Sanders (boning up on Manson Family connections to the Sunset Strip scene for our new Esotouric rock and roll tour, Where the Action Was)
6. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter. Nastassia Kinski teaching me to walk a tightrope on the set of One From the Heart.
7. Proudest media moment? Front of the LA Times with a 76 ball in my hand.