David Carey, president of Hearst Magazines, has issued a letter to staffers highlighting 2013, and plotting a path for 2014. It’s similar to the note sent last week by Hearst Corp’s CEO, Steven Swartz. The main difference, as you might guess, is Carey’s letter speaks on the magazine side of Hearst only.
Below are some of the more interesting points in Carey’s letter. You can read it in full after the jump.
- Food Network Magazine is now the second best selling monthly magazine, “with more than 11.6 million readers and the No. 1 share of advertising.”
- HGTV Magazine, which debuted only a year ago, has a circulation of 1.2 million.
- Dr. Oz’s magazine, The Good Life, launches next month. Carey described it as “lively, smart and surprising.”
- Cosmopolitan.com had more than 20 million unique visitors in December.
- Carey said in the second quarter of this year, a “shared user experience for both Cosmopolitan.com and ELLE.com” will launch.