Posts Tagged ‘Janet Elder’
To say thank you for a great year, we’re offering 15% OFF any boot camp, in-person course, or online course when you use code MBTHANKU. Choose from any of our exciting upcoming courses, from a novel writing class taught by an accomplished author, to an intro course for Excel. Hurry – offer expires 12/24! Browse our upcoming courses.
Now that the buyouts are over, the New York Times has announced some changes to its masthead. According to the Times, the changes sought (the paper wanted 30 staffers to accept the offer) were “accomplished primarily through” the buyouts and therefore “layoffs were kept to a minimum.” That means that yes, there were some layoffs at the paper, but we’re just not sure who they were. Yet.
A brief roundup of the masthead changes:
- As expected, Larry Ingrassia is now an assistant managing editor for new initiatives
- Jason Stallman, most recently deputy sports editor, has been promoted to sports editor
- Janet Elder is now an assistant managing editor, “with responsibility for overseeing newsroom resources, including the budget, as well as dealing with compensation and staff development.”
- Ian Fisher is now an assistant managing editor for content operations
- Rick Berke will remain an assistant managing editor, but will now shift his focus to video
- Glenn Kramon, another assistant managing editor, will join the business department to oversee technology coverage
- A new culture editor will be named soon