Time has added three staffers and promoted three others. Details are below.
Matthew Drake has been named coordinating producer. Drake comes to Time from NowThis News, a mobile, social video news company.
- Martin Gee joins Time as senior art director. Gee most recently served as senior designer at The Huffington Post. Martin’s work has appeared in publications such as Adweek, Variety and Entertainment Weekly.
- Justin Worland has been named a breaking news reporter and fact checker. Worland has previously written for Roll Call and served as an intern in the House of Representatives.
- Dan Hirschhorn has been promoted to senior editor for news. He previously served as Time’s continuous news editor.
- Jonathan Woods has been promoted to senior editor, multimedia. He previously served as a senior editor for photo and interactive.
- Charlotte Alter has been promoted from web reporter to writer.
From our offices in New York, Time senior editor Jonathan Woods positioned a camera overlooking Radio City Music Hall and Rockefeller Center to shoot thousands of photos between 4:30 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday in order to capture the snow accumulating — and New Yorkers busily moving through the storm — on the frenetic streets of midtown Manhattan.
It’s a funny idea – gather together a group of TIME male employees and have them sample the “Sleekify” workout that Michael Olajide Jr. of Aerospace gym uses to keep some of tonight’s strutting Victoria’s Secret models in tip-top shape. Narrating the video below and appearing alongside his colleagues is homepage editor Nick Carbone.
Joining Carbone for this workout break: Web producer David Winograd; reporter Josh Sanburn; senior editor Ishaan Tharoor; staff writer Sean Gregory; reporter Chris Matthews; senior editor, photo and interactive Jonathan Woods; writer Andrew Katz; and associate photo editor Tanner Curtis.