Time has added three staffers and promoted three others. Details are below.
Matthew Drake has been named coordinating producer. Drake comes to Time from NowThis News, a mobile, social video news company.
- Martin Gee joins Time as senior art director. Gee most recently served as senior designer at The Huffington Post. Martin’s work has appeared in publications such as Adweek, Variety and Entertainment Weekly.
- Justin Worland has been named a breaking news reporter and fact checker. Worland has previously written for Roll Call and served as an intern in the House of Representatives.
- Dan Hirschhorn has been promoted to senior editor for news. He previously served as Time’s continuous news editor.
- Jonathan Woods has been promoted to senior editor, multimedia. He previously served as a senior editor for photo and interactive.
- Charlotte Alter has been promoted from web reporter to writer.
Starting August 18, learn how to manage a top-notch freelancing career in our online boot camp, Freelancing 101! Through a series of weeklong webcasts, you'll hear from freelancing experts who will teach you the best practices for a solid freelancing career, from the first steps of self-advertising and marketing, to building your schedule and securing new clients. Register now!