Time has added three staffers and promoted three others. Details are below.
Matthew Drake has been named coordinating producer. Drake comes to Time from NowThis News, a mobile, social video news company.
- Martin Gee joins Time as senior art director. Gee most recently served as senior designer at The Huffington Post. Martin’s work has appeared in publications such as Adweek, Variety and Entertainment Weekly.
- Justin Worland has been named a breaking news reporter and fact checker. Worland has previously written for Roll Call and served as an intern in the House of Representatives.
- Dan Hirschhorn has been promoted to senior editor for news. He previously served as Time’s continuous news editor.
- Jonathan Woods has been promoted to senior editor, multimedia. He previously served as a senior editor for photo and interactive.
- Charlotte Alter has been promoted from web reporter to writer.
Starting September 4, learn how to get your work in top publications! You'll learn how to create captivating stories editors will want and readers will love, understand which magazines are right for your stories, craft compelling pitch letters, and more! You'll leave this class with two polished articles and corresponding pitch letters. Register now!