Unintentionally, D.B. Hebbard over at Talking New Media may wind up with today’s most original Tom Cruise born-on-the-third-of-July reference. Leading off a piece about Newsweek, the journalist writes:
The newsweekly is like Tom Cruise in Interview with the Vampire, it may still be alive, but it is not looking very good. At least that is what users of the digital edition are telling the publisher.
Well done. But what of the more conventional coverage today of an A-lister who belies the fact that he is on the Edge of Early Bird Specials?
- Celebuzz’s Jess Cohen picks out “The Top Ten Best Tom Cruise Twitter Pictures.”
- US Weekly goes 5+ better on the slide-show front, running through 15 corroborating visuals for “Tom Cruise’s Ageless Face.”
- And Gossip Cop, having by their count busted 150+ false TC reports, revisits five of the most outragous concoctions. The media’s post-Tom/Katie split coverage looks particularly bad in this regard.
On this day, the only mild media surprise is that Scientology watcher Tony Ortega did not pen another open letter to the star. And love Cruise or hate Cruise, Edge of Tomorrow is at this point the best Hollywood summer popcorn movie alongside X-Men.
[Photo of Cruise on 2009 Santa Fe, NM red carpet: Miguel Campos/Shutterstock.com]
- New Yorker Illustrator Tips His Cap to Derek Jeter
- Ben Kingsley Expands Upon His Mother's Profound Disapproval
- On the Cover of Paper Magazine, Courtney Love Looks Great
- Miley Cyrus Covers V Magazine