According to a Fandango survey this past weekend, Watchmen watchers are mostly guys between the ages of 18 to 34. Hardly surprising. And it seems they purchase their tickets in advance- Midnight screenings on opening day are selling out across the country. Nikki Finke at DeadlineHollywoodDaily.com brings us the stats from the Fandango survey:
- 60% have read the Watchmen graphic novel
- 85% say the online clips and trailers made them more excited to see the movie
- 57% plan to see Watchmen with a group of friends
- 71% are planning a get together before or after the movie
- 85% had seen director Zack Snyder’s previous movie 300 on the big screen
- 73% are male
- 65% are aged 18 to 34
Wonder what percentage still live with their mothers?
Oh, we kid because we can. Pandora still has her first edition Watchman comic books from 1986, and has been waiting for this movie for a long damn time.