We’ve noted before on a number of occasions how the NYT.com occasionally runs these big banner ads that take up a third of the page (and are generally quite distracting, but in this economic media environment we’re pretty willing to put up with whatever it takes). Most noticeable are the big Mac Ads featuring a walking and talking John Hodgeman (we were once told there NYT.com placement was result of a lunch between Steve Jobs and ‘Pinch’ Sultzberger). Well it looks like Mac has expanded their business to include WSJ.com, which we noticed this morning was running a similar banner ad today. A first we think and perhaps even more noticeable since the paper itself only began running front page pictures last year.
* UPDATE: The WSJ.com informs us it’s not the first time, in fact today is the fifth time this year they’ve run the ad.
- NY Times Exec Editor Dean Baquet Explains His Biggest Fear
- NY Daily News Proclaims Diddy Dead Since 1996
- Financial Times Debuts New Look
- NY Times Baghdad Bureau Chief Talks Iraq