Ed Nardoza, editor-in-chief of Women’s Wear Daily, just sent out a memo announcing a slew of changes to the editorial team. Below are the highlights, followed by Nardoza’s full memo.
- Evan Clark has been named deputy managing editor
- Jessica Iredale and Marc Karimzadeh have been named senior fashion features editors
- Arnie Karr and Vicki Young have been named co-financial editors
- Taylor Harris and Erik Maza have been named co-editors of The Eye. Matt Lynch, editor of The Eye, is leaving WWD to join Capital New York
- Roberta Correia has been named web editor
- Alexandra Steigrad has been named media editor
- Kristi Garced has been named associate online editor
- Kristen Tauer goes from freelancing to full-time, as assistant online editor
I’m happy to report the following staff changes at WWD.
- Evan Clark has been named deputy managing editor. In his new role he will assist Jim Fallon and Pete Sadera in day-to-day management of the paper and WWD.com, and continue much of his own source work and reporting.
- Jessica Iredale and Marc Karimzadeh have been named senior fashion features editors. They will write and contribute to the development of major features while assisting in editing responsibilities.
- Arnie Karr and Vicki Young have been named co-financial editors. They will team up to keep WWD competitive in breaking and analytical financial news, while Arnie will continue to oversee the paper’s denim coverage as senior editor.
- Taylor Harris and Erik Maza have been named co-Eye editors. Taylor and Erik will share responsibilities for Eye coverage and the production of the daily page as Erik transfers from the media beat.
- Alexandra Steigrad has been named media editor, handling Memo Pad and the paper’s highly competitive coverage of the media industry. Her accessories news position will be filled soon.
- Roberta Correia has been named web editor, overseeing daily editorial operations for WWD.com. And Kristi Garced has been named associate online editor. Kristen Tauer, who has freelanced the past few seasons on the site, has joined us full-time as assistant online editor.All appointments are effective Monday, Nov. 4.
Matt Lynch is leaving WWD to join Capital New York, the digital news operation owned by Politico. Matt has done a great job for us, having begun his career as an entry-level financial reporter, eventually moving to the media beat and ultimately the Eye editor’s position and writing major profiles for M.
Please join me in congratulating our co-workers and wishing Matt the best of luck.Ed
- Dylan Tweney Named EIC of VentureBeat
- Money Names Patty Alvarez Design Director
- The Week Publications Adds Three to Sales Team
- Vernon Loeb Named Houston Chronicle Managing Editor