This virtual event and workshop takes place completely online, with live video presentations and interactive Q&A sessions that you can join in real time or watch later. You'll work on your projects, create a timeline for entry, set goals, draft pitch letters and materials to promote your personal brand and work, all while getting feedback from your advisor and peers.
Get focused, individual attention from class leaders in small peer groups.
Practical hands-on format
Go beyond just the idea of being a freelancer, and implement strategies to shift your career focus.
A Weeklong Webcast Series
Watch keynote and how-to sessions, presented via webcast, that guide you through demonstrations of best practices and what you should know. Guest speakers provide insights and real-world examples of strategies that have worked throughout their freelance careers.Can’t attend the sessions live? All sessions are recorded and available to be viewed at any time during the program.
Three Week Freelancing WorkshopWork online to get direction and ideas from advisors and participants who range from editors and authors to those in other careers looking to transition or venture into freelance writing and editing. Participate in a dynamic, ongoing discussion that unfolds over these weeks.
The interactive online classroom provides you with:
- An online community of writers and editors
- Support and one-on-one feedback from an expert in the field of freelancing
- Connections and interaction with accomplished peers who share their resources and knowledge
- Small groups where you can ask more questions and receive guidance
- Weekly homework assignments designed to speed up your career