To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you are an author, check out our new online course–finish your book with the help of bestselling independent authors.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, April 8, 2013
1. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder: “I wasn’t always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way. Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.”
2. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken: “‘I have a proposition for you…’ Kacey should have run the minute those words left Seattle millionaire Jake Titus’s mouth. Instead, she made a deal with the devil in hopes of putting her past behind her once and for all.”
3. The Duchess War by Courtney Milan: “Miss Minerva Lane is a quiet, bespectacled wallflower, and she wants to keep it that way. After all, the last time she was the center of attention, it ended badly–so badly that she changed her name to escape her scandalous past.”
4. Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley: “For Abby Renard, the plan was supposed to be simple—join her brothers’ band on the last leg of their summer tour and decide if she’s finally ready for the limelight by becoming its fourth member.”
5. The Love Game by Emma Hart: “His challenge? Make her fall in love with him. Her challenge? Play the player. Until life changes the rules of the game.”
6. Torn by K.A. Robinson: “Chloe hasn’t had the best life. With a mother who is gone more often than not, she has had to raise herself. After graduating high school, she leaves to start a new life away at West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan, determined to leave her demons in the past.”
7. Light in the Shadows by A. Meredith Walters: “How do you keep going when you feel like your life is over? Maggie never thought she’d see Clay again. So, she attempts to put her life back together after her heart has been shattered to pieces.”
4. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.”
8. Twisted by K.A. Robinson: “Chloe and Drake have found their happily ever after… Almost. When Chloe’s mother comes back into her life with a bang, it sets off a chain of events no one could have ever expected.”
9. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.”
10. Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy: “Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of April 8, 2013
1. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
2. Breaking Her Rules by Katie Reus
3. Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy
4. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder
5. The St. Paul Conspiracy by Roger Stelljes
6. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed
7. If You Stay by Courtney Cole
8. Wide Awake by Shelly Crane
9. Come Away With Me by Kristen Proby
10. Saved by Kelly Elliott
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, April 8, 2013
1. Fate and Fury by Quinn Loftis
2. Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley
3. Raid by Kristen Ashley
4. Saved by Kelly Elliott
5. Satisfaction by K.M. Golland
6. Dominatus by DW Ulsterman
7. Alien Refuge by Tracy St. John
8. Connected by Kim Karr
9. Leo by Mia Sheridan
10. Digital Divide by K.B. Spangler
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of April 8, 2013
1. Predestined by Abbi Glines
2. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder
3. Fate and Fury by Quinn Loftis
4. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
5. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
6. Coming Home by Theresa Marguerite Hewitt
7. The Preacher’s Son #2: Unleashed by Jasinda Wilder
8. Leif by Abbi Glines
9. Mail-Order Millionaire by Carol Grace
10. Existence by Abbi Glines
These four eBook lists were recorded on Monday, April 8, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- eBook Discounting Takes Off This Holiday Season
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Joël Dicker Signs Deal with Penguin Books