Novelist Abbi Glines took the No. 2 and No. 10 spots on our Self Published Bestsellers List this week with her romance novels.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for Week of August 27, 2012
(Last week’s rank in parentheses)
1. Our Husband by Stephanie Bond : “Three women from different walks of life–a doctor, a socialite, and a stripper–find out they have one thing in common: a husband!” (1)
2. While It Lasts by Abbi Glines: “Cage has to decide: does he drop out and give up his dream of getting noticed by a college in the SEC, and possibly making it into the Major Leagues — or does he give in to his coach’s demands and spend his summer baling hay?” (2)
3. Finding Emma by Steena Holmes: “When Megan takes a photo of a little girl with an elderly couple at the town fair, she believes it to be her missing daughter. Unable to let go, she sets in motion a sequence of events that could destroy both families lives.” (4)
4. Easy by Tammara Webber: “A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?” (10)
5. The Wild Ones by M. Leighton: “Cami Hines is the darling daughter of the South’s champion thoroughbred breeder, Jack Hines. Other than feeling a little suffocated at times, Cami thought she was pretty happy with her boyfriend, her life & her future. But that was before she met Patrick Henley.” (5)
6. Her Best Friend’s Brother by T.J. Dell: “Libby has been in love with Tony Marchetti since she was seven years old. The problem? Tony is her best friend’s older brother. Lately Tony has started looking at her in a new way and he emails her all the time.” (3)
7. I Think I Love You by Stephanie Bond: “Sisters share everything in their closets, including the skeletons… Twenty years ago, the Metcalf sisters witnessed a murder and formed a pact of silence. Now they’re estranged and scattered because they all fell in love with the same man.” (9)
8. All She Ever Wanted by Barbara Freethy: “She was their closest friend, or so they thought — until years later, when her secrets send them on a perilous search for the truth about who she really was … and why she died …” (-)
9. The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle: ” It’s been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved. Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart.” (-)
10. Because of Low by Abbi Glines: “Marcus Hardy had hoped to enjoy a year away at college while he put the summer he’d rather forget behind him. But instead, he’s jerked right back to the coastal town of Sea Breeze, Alabama due to a family crisis.” (-)
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for Week of August 27, 2012
1. Taken by Kelli Maine
2. No Take Backs: A Taken Novella by Kelli Maine
3. Sarah’s Surrender by Lynda Chance
4. Weekends Required by Sydney Landon
6. Embers by Antoinette Stockenberg
7. Murder in the River City by Allison Brennan
8. Rising Storm by Kathleen Brooks
9. Safe Harbor by Antoinette Stockenberg
10. Not Planning on You by Sydney Landon
9. For His Trust by Kelly Favor
10. Sand Castles by Antoinette Stockenberg
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for Week of August 27, 2012
1. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
2. The Dex-Files by Karina Halle
3. Taken by Claire Farrell
4. The Last Shaman by William Whitecloud
5. The Great Convergence by Joseph Lallo
6. Don’t Forget to Remember Me by Kahlen Aymes
7. Renegade by Erica Stevens
8. The Battle of Verril by Joseph Lallo
9. Bedding the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
10. Settling the Account by Shayne Parkinson
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, August 27, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)
- 5 Book Publishing Paths Infographic
- Hugh Howey Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- What Upstream Color & Walden Can Teach Us About Self-Publishing
- Bestselling Indie Author: 'DO NOT READ YOUR REVIEWS'