To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 3, 2014
1. Alpha Billionaire by Helen Cooper: “Alpha Billionaire is a sexy, thrilling and jaw-dropping three part novella serial. It was only meant to be one night. Evie Johnson was doing her best friend a favor when she agreed to work a bachelor party as a dancer. She hadn’t expected to meet a man like Grant Slate. A man so handsome and cocky that she couldn’t help but be attracted to him when he asked for a dance.”
2. Black Lies by Alessandra Torre: “Brant: Became a tech billionaire by his twentieth birthday. Has been in a relationship with me for 3 years. Has proposed 4 times. Been rejected 4 times. Lee: Cuts grass when he’s not banging housewives. Good with his hands, his mouth, and his body. Has been pursued relentlessly by me for almost 2 years, whether he knows it or not.”
3. Vain: Part Three by Deborah Bladon: “Alexa Jackson was falling hard and fast for Noah Foster. The world renowned photographer had woven a path straight into her heart. He offered her another chance at love and she offered him the path to a world that he no longer believed existed for him. That all ground to a startling halt when Alexa came face-to-face with Noah’s past. Not everything is as it seems and as he helps her piece together the puzzles that exist within his world, they both realize that their needs might not match what’s best for either of them.”
4. Where We Belong by Catherine Ryan Hyde: “Fourteen-year-old Angie and her mom are poised at the edge of homelessness… again. The problem is her little sister, Sophie. Sophie has an autism-like disorder, and a tendency to shriek. No matter where they live, home never seems to last long.”
5. Reasonable Doubt 3 by Whitney Gracia Williams: “I hate him…I hate that I fell in love with him, I hate that he didn’t love me back, and I hate the fact that I just made a life-altering decision just so I could get the hell away from him. He’d always said that he was unchangeable, heartless, and cold…”
6. The Arrangement 16 (The Ferro Family) by H.M. Ward: “I’ve gone from a future of possibilities to nothing in a single gunshot. Homeless, penniless and without the man I love, my hopelessness overwhelms me and I seek unexpected comfort from people long absent in my life. I can’t lose Sean—not now, not ever—and I’ll do anything to get him back, even if it means using myself as bait. ”
7. Spin (Songs of Corruption Book 1) by CD Reiss: “Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone. Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal.”
8. The Fixed Trilogy by Laurelin Paige: “All three books of the NY Times Bestselling Fixed Trilogy are included in this bundle.”
9. Guarding His Heart by J.S. Cooper: “Leonardo Maxwell was shocked when his best friend, Zane Beaumont fell in love and got married. While he is happy for his friend, he knows that he definitely doesn’t want to go the love and marriage route. He knows that there is nothing that can come from either of the two.”
10. Pandora: “Whether you love paranormal in the form of romance, suspense, mystery, horror, or fantasy, this boxed set will have something to entice your preternatural sensibilities. Supernaturally thrilling and engaging, this boxed set has it all: ghosts, vampires, mind-readers, shape-shifters, demons, faeries, werewolves, and more.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 3, 2014