To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 9, 2013
1. The Look of Love by Bella Andre: “Chloe Peterson is having a bad night … when her car skids off the side of a wet country road straight into a ditch, she’s convinced even the gorgeous guy who rescues her in the middle of the rain storm must be too good to be true.”
2. All She Ever Wanted by Barbara Freethy: “Emily was their closest friend, or so they thought — until years later, when her secrets send them on a perilous search for the truth about who she really was … and why she died …”
3. Always On My Mind by Bella Andre: “After a tragic loss three years ago, Grayson Tyler left his life in New York City behind and started over in the rolling hills of the California coast. He’s convinced himself that all he’ll ever need again is the blue sky, a thousand acres of pasture, and the crashing waves of the ocean.”
4. From This Moment On by Bella Andre: “Marcus Sullivan has been the responsible older brother, stepping in to take care of his seven siblings after their father died when they were children. But when the perfectly ordered future he’s planned for himself turns out to be nothing but a lie, Marcus needs one reckless night to shake free from it all.”
5. Let Me Be The One by Bella Andre: “When Vicki Bennett saved Ryan Sullivan’s life as a teenager, it was the beginning of a close friendship that never wavered despite her failed marriage to someone else and Ryan’s well-earned reputation as a ladies man.”
6. Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken: “I’m not your typical girl. I’ve been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness…until Wes Michels offered to be my light. I didn’t know that time wasn’t my ally — that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself.”
7. Can’t Help Falling In Love by Bella Andre: “Gabe Sullivan risks his life every day as a firefighter in San Francisco. But after learning a brutal lesson about professional boundaries, he knows better than to risk his heart to his fire victims ever again.”
8. Come A Little Bit Closer by Bella Andre: “Gabe Sullivan risks his life every day as a firefighter in San Francisco. But after learning a brutal lesson about professional boundaries, he knows better than to risk his heart to his fire victims ever again.”
9. The Walk by Lee Goldberg: “It’s one minute after the Big One. Marty Slack, a TV network executive, crawls out from under his Mercedes, parked outside what once was a downtown Los Angeles warehouse, the location for a new TV show. Downtown LA is in ruins. The sky is thick with black smoke.”
10. I Only Have Eyes For You by Bella Andre: “Sophie Sullivan, a librarian in San Francisco, was five years old when she fell head over heels in love with Jake McCann. Twenty years later, she’s convinced the notorious bad boy still sees her as the “nice” Sullivan twin.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 9, 2013
1. All She Ever Wanted by Barbara Freethy
2. Cold Around the Heart by Michael Prescott
3. Texas Hearts by Lisa Mondello
4. Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken
5. Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries Book Bundle by Ashley Gardner
6. The Breakers Series by Edward W. Robertson
7. Fading by E.K. Blair
8. Submit by Melody Anne
9. Crazy Beautiful Love by J. S. Cooper
10. Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons by Denise Grover Swank
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 9, 2013
1. Heller’s Decision by JD Nixon
2. Rock Chick Revolution by Kristen Ashley
3. Natural Consequences by Elliott Kay
4. Chasing Paradise by Pamela Ann
5. The Girlfriend by Abigail Barnette
6. Cycling in the South Bay by Seth Davidson
7. The Haunted Heart: Winter by Josh Lanyon
8. Falling For My Husband by Pamela Ann
9. Fulfillment by K.M. Golland
1o. The Return II & III by Sean Campbell
These eBook lists were recorded on September 9, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Impulse' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- Seven Year-Old Aims to Publish Anti-Gun Book