Author Ilsa Madden-Mills led our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week with her new adult novel, Very Bad Things.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 16, 2013
1. Very Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills: “Born into a life of privilege and secrets, Nora Blakely has everything any nineteen-year-old girl could desire … Leaving behind her million-dollar mansion and Jimmy Choos, she becomes a girl hell-bent on pushing the limits with alcohol, drugs, and meaningless sex.”
2. The Santinis Collection by Melissa Schroeder: “readers fell in love with a family of military men. Four brothers who believe in service before self and the women who will bring them to their knees.”
3. The Promise of Provence by Patricia Sands: “Surprise, shock, and a shift in her comfortable life tumble into Katherine Price’s world when least expected. The future she has imagined suddenly vanishes, leaving little to focus upon beyond her career and the caregiving her elderly widowed mother might require.”
4. The Mill River Recluse by Darcie Chan: “Disfigured by the blow of an abusive husband, and suffering her entire life with severe social anxiety disorder, the widow Mary McAllister spends almost sixty years secluded in a white marble mansion overlooking the town of Mill River, Vermont.”
5. The Billionaire’s Obsession by J.S. Scott: “Once a serial trilogy, The Billionaire’s Obsession is now complete with a bonus story in this complete collection about Simon and Kara.”
6. Cage by Harper Sloan: “Greg Cage was born to protect. While growing up, he was his mother and sister’s shield against the world… until he failed. For the last decade, he has carried that guilt and need for vengeance around… until it was stripped from him.”
7. Seduced by Melody Anne: “Arianna Harlow had enough pride in herself to walk away from Rafe Palazzo, who had started their relationship using blackmail. Though she’d fallen in love with him, she was strong enough to say goodbye. We saw the softer side of Rafe, especially toward the end, but it was too late. Or was it?
8. Crazy Beautiful Love by J. S. Cooper: “Logan Martelli is a bad boy. He’s handsome, sexy, and knows what he wants. He steals cars. He doesn’t do relationships. And he has the hottest green eyes in River Valley.”
9. Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken: “I’m not your typical girl. I’ve been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness…until Wes Michels offered to be my light.”
10. Dust by Hugh Howey: “WOOL introduced the silo and its inhabitants. SHIFT told the story of their making. DUST will chronicle their undoing. Welcome to the underground.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 16, 2013
1. Out Of Line by Jen McLaughlin
2. Anything He Wants by Sara Fawkes
3. Tenderloin by Ty Hutchinson
4. Mine To Keep by Cynthia Eden
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 16, 2013
1. The Girlfriend by Abigail Barnette
2. Chasing Paradise by Pamela Ann
3. Natural Consequences by Elliott Kay
4. The Haunted Heart: Winter by Josh Lanyon
5. Heller’s Decision by JD Nixon
6. Falling For My Husband by Pamela Ann
7. Cage by Harper Sloan
8. Redemption by Amy Miles
9. Rock Chick Revolution by Kristen Ashley
10. Reckoning by Amy Miles
These eBook lists were recorded on September 16, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
- 'The Arrangement 16' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'LOL Romantic Comedy Anthology' Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Vain - Part Two' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'The Proposition 5: The Ferro Family' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List