Publishing predictions, hipsters and GalleyCat Reviews dominated our headlines in January 2010.
Instead of doing a traditional year-in-review post, we’ve decided to link to the ten most popular stories on GalleyCat each month–sharing the stories that mattered most to our readers. Looking back at these headlines, we can see the hopes, fears, and distractions that obsessed the publishing industry in 2010.
1. Richard Curtis: Book Publishing 10 Years in the Future
2. Book Deal for “Stuff Hipsters Hate”
3. Introducing GalleyCat Reviews
4. Smashwords: Book Publishing 10 Years in the Future
5. Zombies at the Writers’ Workshop
6. Sam’s Club Launches Book Club
7. My Parents Were Awesome Blogger Scores Book Deal
8. Novelist Don Belton Murdered
9. Richard Nash on the End of Publishing As We Know It
10. Random House Responds to iPad
- Haruki Murakami, James Patterson, & Shannon Hale Debut On the Indie Bestseller List
- James Patterson, Jacqueline Woodson, & Al Michaels Debut On the Indie Bestseller List
- David Baldacci, Tony Robbins, & Anna Dewdney Debut On the Indie Bestseller List
- George W. Bush, Stephen King, & Raina Telgemeier Debut On the Indie Bestseller List