In January 2011, book handbags, bestseller birth years and Chinese mothers dominated our headlines.
Welcome to GalleyCat’s annual year-end roundup of publishing headlines. It’s a chance to celebrate our good news and reflect on the bad news. Visit our Year in Review link as the series unfolds.
1. How To Turn Your Book into a Handbag
2. Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84 Coming 10/25 in Single Volume
3. ‘Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior’ Generates Thousands of Comments
4. Richard Grayson Self-Publishes ‘The Hipster HUCKLEBERRY FINN’
5. What Books Topped Bestseller Lists the Week You Were Born?