To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 23, 2013
1. Out Of Line by Jen McLaughlin: “I’ve spent my entire life under my father’s thumb, but now I’m finally free to make my own choices. When my roommate dragged me to my first college party, I met Finn Coram and my life turned inside out.”
2. Taboo by Casey Hill: “Forensic investigator Reilly Steel, Quantico-trained and California-born and bred, imagined Dublin to be a far cry from bustling San Francisco, a sleepy backwater where she can lay past ghosts to rest and start anew.”
3. Karma by Nikki Sex: “Marcy Paget worked full-time putting her husband through University. When he finally became a success, he dumped her for a trophy wife more than ten years younger, leaving Marcy to raise their four year old daughter on her own.”
4. The Billionaire’s Obsession by J.S. Scott: “Once a serial trilogy, The Billionaire’s Obsession is now complete with a bonus story in this complete collection about Simon and Kara.”
5. Seduced by Melody Anne: “Arianna Harlow had enough pride in herself to walk away from Rafe Palazzo, who had started their relationship using blackmail. Though she’d fallen in love with him, she was strong enough to say goodbye. We saw the softer side of Rafe, especially toward the end, but it was too late. Or was it?
6. The Santinis Collection by Melissa Schroeder: “readers fell in love with a family of military men. Four brothers who believe in service before self and the women who will bring them to their knees.”
7. Crazy Beautiful Love by J. S. Cooper: “Logan Martelli is a bad boy. He’s handsome, sexy, and knows what he wants. He steals cars. He doesn’t do relationships. And he has the hottest green eyes in River Valley.”
8. Submit by Melody Anne: “Ari faces an impossible ultimatum. She needs to decide whether to accept Raffaelo Palazzo’s indecent proposal and stay at his side as his bought mistress, under his complete control in his world and in his bedroom.”
9. First Activation by D.A. Wearmouth: “HARRY and his brother JACK are on an airline flight, headed for a wild weekend-a ritual they have enjoyed every May since leaving the army. The trip takes a terrifying turn when they land in New York”
10. Very Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills: “Born into a life of privilege and secrets, Nora Blakely has everything any nineteen-year-old girl could desire … Leaving behind her million-dollar mansion and Jimmy Choos, she becomes a girl hell-bent on pushing the limits with alcohol, drugs, and meaningless sex.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 23, 2013
3. Out Of Line by Jen McLaughlin
5. Mine To Keep by Cynthia Eden
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 23, 2013
2. The Haunted Heart: Winter by Josh Lanyon
4. Chasing Paradise by Pamela Ann
5. Falling For My Husband by Pamela Ann
8. Cage by Harper Sloan
9. Redemption by Amy Miles
10. The Girlfriend by Abigail Barnette
These eBook lists were recorded on September 23, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.