Author Rachel Van Dyken took two top spots on our Self-Published Bestsellers List with her new adult novel, Ruin.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of August 26, 2013
1. Raising Ryann by Alyssa Rae Taylor: ”Twenty-year-old Reese Johnson can finally leave her troublesome past behind. She enters college with her best friend, Gia, and spends her time doing what she loves–working as a self-defense instructor at a local gym. Then Luke Ryann enters the picture.”
2. Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken: “I’m not your typical girl. I’ve been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness…until Wes Michels offered to be my light. I didn’t know that time wasn’t my ally — that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself.”
3. Stripped by Jasinda Wilder: “He’s a movie star sex god. She’s a virgin… and a stripper.”
4. Dust (Silo Saga) by Hugh Howey: “WOOL introduced the silo and its inhabitants. SHIFT told the story of their making. DUST will chronicle their undoing. Welcome to the underground.”
5. Freefall by Tess Oliver: “After leaving high school, with a hard won diploma and the title of most likely to break hearts, Alexander ‘Nix’ Pierce has left his wild, out of control years mostly behind him. A small inheritance from his grandfather has given him the funds to open up his tattoo shop, Freefall, and he has started to pull his life together.”
6. Into the Deep by Samantha Young: “Charley Redford was just an ordinary girl until Jake Caplin moved to her small town in Indiana and convinced her she was extraordinary. Almost from day one Jake pulled Charley into the deep and promised he was right there with her.”
7. Unlocked by Maya Cross: “The heart can lead you to dangerous places. Abandoned by the man she loves, with nothing more than sweet words and riddles for an explanation, Sophia Pearce felt like her life was crumbling before her eyes. And then they came for her. Now, things will never be the same.”
8. The Billionaire’s Obsession by J.S. Scott: “Needing nothing less than a miracle to save her, Kara gets rescue from an unknown, unlikely and overwhelming source. Billionaire Simon Hudson makes her an offer that is impossible to refuse, but terrifying to accept from a man that she’s never met.”
9. The Alpha Claims A Mate by Georgette St. Clair: “New Yorker Ginger Colby, half witch, half werewolf, all curves, has made an immediate and lasting impression on the Alpha of Blue Moon County.”
10. Locked by Maya Cross: “The bar Sophia Pearce is in doesn’t look like much. The wine is bad and the decor worse. But when a sudden attack of curiosity leads her to sneak past security and into the back room, she discovers something unimaginable.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of August 26, 2013
1. Freefall by Tess Oliver
2. Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken
3. Stay With Me by Samantha Chase
4. Faithful by Kelly Elliott
5. Into the Deep by Samantha Young
6. Two Shot by Robert Swartwood
7. The Brightest Moon of the Century by Christopher Meeks
8. Strung Out To Die by Tonya Kappes
9. Oxygen by John Olson
10 .The Santini Collection by Melissa Schroeder
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of August 26, 2013
1. Heller’s Decision by JD Nixon
2. Rock Chick Revolution by Kristen Ashley
3. Chasing Paradise by Pamela Ann
4. Natural Consequences by Elliott Kay
5. Fate of the Kinunir by Robert E. Vardeman
6. The Girlfriend by Abigail Barnette
7. Cycling in the South Bay by Seth Davidson
8. Fulfillment by K.M. Golland
9. Normalcy Is Harder Than It Looks by Vincent Berg
10. Forged in Blood II by Lindsay Buroker
These eBook lists were recorded on August 26, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
- 'Sweet Addiction' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Where I Belong' Holds No. 1 Spot on Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Where I Belong' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Pulse Part 4' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List