The New York Foundling, a social services organization for children and families, will create a book review column in May.
Book reviewer Celia McGee will write the weekly column, focusing on new and forthcoming books. It will start when the organization relaunches its website next month. If you are interested in submitting your book, McGee is looking for the following kinds of books to review:
- Grades K-2
- Grades 3-5, fiction and nonfiction
- Middle School, fiction and nonfiction
As well as
- High School, YA and appropriate adult fiction and nonfiction
- Books for young, often single parents, on child-rearing, self help, personal advice, and also relevant fiction and other nonfiction
- General parenting books and related nonfiction, including about New York city and surroundings, for parents of all ages. Some relevant fiction may be included as well.