- Darin Strauss sings! And then sings some more! (Plus solo numbers from Jonathan Coulton.)
- Glenn Beck said contemporary books for young readers are emasculating, except for the ones his guest Ted Bell writes.
- Remember that time Simon Spotlight Entertainment announced an embargoed memoir with a 350,000-copy print run that turned out to be from Madonna’s brother? Boy, that was something, wasn’t it? Good times.
- A dispute over cover art prompted us to ask: “Who peed in Dan Savage‘s cornflakes?”
- Emily Gould went on vacation and never came back; towards the end of the month, we realized she had a book proposal making the rounds. This led to ridiculous speculation that book publishers might fear Gawker. Free Press picked up the collection of autobiographical essays in early July.
Latino Post Company LLC is looking for a VP of Sales. next job NYLON Magazine is looking for a Advertising Department: Integrated Acct Director. next job Philadelphia Magazine is looking for a Ad Director. next job Latino Post Company LLC is looking for a President. next job Austin Way magazine/Niche Media is looking for a Account Executive. next job NYLON Magazine is looking for a Advertising Department: Fashion Account Manager. next job Hearst Magazines is looking for a Audience Development Manager. next job Backstage Magazine is looking for a Art Director. next job Latin Post is looking for a Senior Editor, Features. next job Executive South Florida Magazine is looking for a Advertising Account Executive. see all
Taught by an editor at Alloy Entertainment, the goal of this class is to finish your YA or middle grade novel in 12 weeks. Starting on March 10, you will learn how to write a proposal that doesn't end up in the slush pile, evaluate your story arc for a teen audience, get an agent (if you need one!), and more! Get $25 OFF with code BYEFEB. Register Now!