- Darin Strauss sings! And then sings some more! (Plus solo numbers from Jonathan Coulton.)
- Glenn Beck said contemporary books for young readers are emasculating, except for the ones his guest Ted Bell writes.
- Remember that time Simon Spotlight Entertainment announced an embargoed memoir with a 350,000-copy print run that turned out to be from Madonna’s brother? Boy, that was something, wasn’t it? Good times.
- A dispute over cover art prompted us to ask: “Who peed in Dan Savage‘s cornflakes?”
- Emily Gould went on vacation and never came back; towards the end of the month, we realized she had a book proposal making the rounds. This led to ridiculous speculation that book publishers might fear Gawker. Free Press picked up the collection of autobiographical essays in early July.
Worth Magazine is looking for a Senior Editor, Business and Finance. next job 5280 Magazine is looking for a Junior Designer & Production Coordinator. next job Glossy Regional Lifestyle Magazine is looking for a Assistant Art Director. next job National Women's Lifestyle Magazine is looking for a Art Director. next job 5280 Magazine is looking for a Digital Editor. next job National On line Pet Video Magazine is looking for a Independent Digital Media Sales. next job American Airlines Inflight Magazine is looking for a Managing Editor. next job KIWI magazine is looking for a Associate editor. next job Independent Literary Agency in New York is looking for a Assistant to Literary Agent. see all
Starting September 8, get hands-on content marketing training in Content Marketing 101! Through a series of webcasts, content and marketing experts will teach you the best practices for creating, distributing and measuring the results of your brand's content, including how to develop a content marketing plan, become a content marketer, and more. Register now!