- Darin Strauss sings! And then sings some more! (Plus solo numbers from Jonathan Coulton.)
- Glenn Beck said contemporary books for young readers are emasculating, except for the ones his guest Ted Bell writes.
- Remember that time Simon Spotlight Entertainment announced an embargoed memoir with a 350,000-copy print run that turned out to be from Madonna’s brother? Boy, that was something, wasn’t it? Good times.
- A dispute over cover art prompted us to ask: “Who peed in Dan Savage‘s cornflakes?”
- Emily Gould went on vacation and never came back; towards the end of the month, we realized she had a book proposal making the rounds. This led to ridiculous speculation that book publishers might fear Gawker. Free Press picked up the collection of autobiographical essays in early July.
Regional Lifestyle Magazine is looking for a Assistant Editor / Associate Editor. next job Dispatch Magazine is looking for a Art Director/Designer Responsibilities. next job Boston magazine is looking for a Associate Digital Editor. next job Adventure Magazine Revival is looking for a Assistant Editor. next job Metropolis magazine is looking for a Marketing Research and Coordination Intern. next job GOOD Magazine is looking for a General Manager, GOOD/Media. next job INC. MAGAZINE is looking for a Copy Chief. next job Equestrio Magazine is looking for a Luxury Advertising Sales Respresentative. see all
Starting August 4, learn how to get paid to write reviews that will influence the publishing landscape! Taught by a Publishers Weekly book critic, you'll learn how to recommend a book to its audience, write reviews of varying lengths, tailor a review to a specific publication and more! You'll leave this course with two original reviews and a list of paying markets for book reviews. Register now!