- Darin Strauss sings! And then sings some more! (Plus solo numbers from Jonathan Coulton.)
- Glenn Beck said contemporary books for young readers are emasculating, except for the ones his guest Ted Bell writes.
- Remember that time Simon Spotlight Entertainment announced an embargoed memoir with a 350,000-copy print run that turned out to be from Madonna’s brother? Boy, that was something, wasn’t it? Good times.
- A dispute over cover art prompted us to ask: “Who peed in Dan Savage‘s cornflakes?”
- Emily Gould went on vacation and never came back; towards the end of the month, we realized she had a book proposal making the rounds. This led to ridiculous speculation that book publishers might fear Gawker. Free Press picked up the collection of autobiographical essays in early July.
Random House U.S.A is looking for a Senior Publicist, Random House Children_s Books. next job Macmillan Children's Publishing Group is looking for a Production Editor. next job Random House U.S.A is looking for a eBook Specialist. next job Oxford University Press is looking for a Project Manager. next job Palgrave Macmillan is looking for a Editor. next job Trunk Archive is looking for a Rights & Permissions Manager. next job Independent Literary Agency in New York is looking for a Assistant to Literary Agent. next job Wildcat International/ The Oil & Gas Year is looking for a International Country Editor. next job Quarto Publishing Group USA is looking for a Acquiring Editor. next job Penguin Group (USA) is looking for a Marketing Manager – Gotham/Avery. see all
Starting September 4,work with a literary agent to complete a full proposal that wins an agent and a contract! Ryan Harbage from The Fischer-Harbage Agency, Inc. will teach you how to convey your idea in a winning book proposal format, write your proposal letter, understand the nuts and bolts of the nonfiction book industry, and more. Register now!